1 a profession of belief; "he stated his political testament"
2 a legal document declaring a person's wishes regarding the disposal of their property when they die [syn: will]
3 strong evidence for something; "his easy victory was a testament to his skill"
4 either of the two main parts of the Christian Bible
- SAMPA: /"tEst@m@nt/
- (Law) A
solemn, authentic instrument in writing, by which a person declares
his or her will as to disposal of his or her estate and effects
after his or her death.
- Note: This is otherwise called a will, and sometimes a last will and testament. A testament, to be valid, must be made by a person of sound mind; and it must be executed and published in due form of law. A man or woman, in certain cases, may make a valid will by word of mouth only. See , under .
- One of the two distinct revelations of God's purposes toward
man; a covenant; also, one of the two general divisions of the
canonical books of the sacred Scriptures, in which the covenants
are respectively revealed; as, the Old Testament; the New
Testament; -- often limited, in colloquial language, to the latter.
- He is the mediator of the new testament . . . for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament. --Heb. IX. 15.
- will (law)
document containing a person's will
part of the Bible
- will (legal document)
A testament is a document that the author has sworn to be true.
Testament can refer to:
- Testament (band), an American thrash metal band.
- Old Testament, also known as the Tanakh, the holy scriptures of Judaism and Christianity.
- New Testament, holy scriptures of Christianity including the Gospels, epistles of Paul, and other writings.
- Qur'an, also known as the Final Testament, the holy scriptures of Islam.
- Will (law), a document detailing wishes upon the author's death and one of the original uses of testament; often referred to as "Last Will and Testament."
- Testament (film), a 1983 film about the aftermath of a nuclear war on a family.
- Le grand testament, the masterpiece of poet François Villon, who also wrote a Petit testament
- Lenin's Testament, name given to a document written by Vladimir Lenin in the last weeks of 1922 and the first week of 1923.
- Testament (comic book), a 2005 comic book.
- Das Testament, an album by E Nomine.
- Testament (Xenosaga), mysterious characters from the Xenosaga series.
- Testament (Guilty Gear), a character from the video game series Guilty Gear.
- Testament Records, a record label.
- The Testament (Ludlum novel), a novel by Eric Van Lustbader.
testament in German: Testament (Begriffsklärung)
testament in Estonian: Testament (täpsustus)
testament in French: Testament
testament in Korean: 테스터먼트
testament in Dutch: Testament
testament in Japanese: テスタメント
testament in Norwegian: Testament (andre betydninger)